Thursday, October 23, 2008

Wonderful CHRISTmas Joy!




I just love the fall! From the first hint of cooler air blowing down from the north to the hint of Autumn color in the mountains surrounding my North Carolina home, fall marks the beginning of the year's climax. You see the day after Labor Day signifies an annual ritual in which I begin the final countdown - making a list and checking it twice, planning and preparing for the greatest, most joyous time of the year - CHRISTmas!



CHRISTmas has always been a magical, wonderful time for me. As a little child I would listen to Dad preach about the "greatest gift ever given". How God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son - a Son that would take away the sins of the world, whose kingdom would never end, whose peace would fill the hearts of mankind. Growing up I knew from the beginning the real reason for the season. JESUS. The Christ. The greatest gift I've ever received. So to honor the King, I hold the season close to my heart. I remember that my Redeemer came in the humble stillness of a Bethlehem stable. Shepherds came to worship Him. Magi traveled from far, far away to pay homage to the little King and present to him their gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh. So as I endeavor to chronicle this CHRISTmas season, my heart longs to give Him worship as the shepherds did - pure and holy; to offer to him my gifts, the best I have, all I've got surrendered regardless of the lengths I must journey to lay them at his feet.

For then and only then can I truly know the joy of CHRISTmas, that joy that is unspeakable and full of wonderful CHRISTmas glory. May this CHRISTmas be a time of "re-birth" as we celebrate his birth.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Your blog is beautiful!
    I'm your first follower, too.
    'Can't wait to see more colors of CHRISTmas.

    ReplyDelete